Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 small bunch coriander
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and diced (optional)
- 1 lemon, juice and rind
- 2 x 400g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 packet filo pastry
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Process coriander, garlic, onion, chilli, lemon rind, lemon juice and half the chickpeas in the food processor until it forms a paste. Transfer to a bowl, add remaining chickpeas. Mix well.
- Lay a sheet of filo on a work bench, spray with oil, fold in half and half again. Spray with oil. Place 2 tbsp of mixture on end of filo, turn corners diagonally over filling, folding along open edges to seal.
- Transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Spray with oil and bake 15 minutes or until pastry is golden. Serve with salt-reduced soy sauce.
Source: Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing